Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Quality v. Quantity

I just read this article about 15 minutes ago, just after our sales manager and I were bemoaning the fact that three accounts that spent almost $600K with our book last year haven't started yet. Our market share at these three accounts was outstanding- easily over 75%. The space didn't go elsewhere in the market but we can't shake budgets loose for various reasons concerning new ownership, new directions etc.

If you take a look at the Quality vs. Quantity section of the article, in our case it makes sense to spend an inordinate amount of time rekindling the flames at a few accounts. I certainly agree with the author's claim that sellers must provide information not available elsewhere. Our publications and audiences help us provide that but we don't use it enough. Worth a look.

Lessons from the Sales Master Article

Best,

Tony E. from Plastics News

No comments: